Massage should be thought of as more than just a luxury. It can reduce stress and anxiety, which are key issues that lead to serious health problems.
- ~Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- ~Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- ~Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow(the body’s natural defense system)
- ~Increase joint flexibility
- ~Lessen depression and anxiety
- ~Release endorphins (body’s natural pain killer)
- ~Reduce spasms and cramping
- ~Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- ~Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- ~Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
Many diseases are stress related. While massage may not eliminate our stress and anxiety all together it does definitely help to manage stress. This management leads to enhanced sleep quality, improved concentration, greater energy, reduced fatigue, and decreased anxiety.